How do I create a report of a specific category or purpose?
You can run reports that only include your individual drives classified with a default/custom purpose, or business/personal drives only.
Keep in mind that the IRS requires a "Purpose" for every drive (even Personal ones) in order for the deduction of business drives to be valid. That's why MileIQ automatically captures every drive.
For a more customized report with a single category or purpose of any drives, take the following steps:
1) Make sure all the drives you want included in the report have been classified on the Drives tab of the web dashboard.
2) Using the 'Filter' button at the top of the screen, you can select "Business" for business drives only or select any specific purpose from the list to only show drives classified with that purpose.
3) Then, use the checkbox next to "# matching drives" on the top row to select all of the filtered drives that come up within the selected date range.
4) Once the drives are selected, you will see a multiple drive card appear in the right-hand pane. Click the "Report" button in the bottom right corner
5) Press "Report", fill out any of the additional details required, and choose your reporting option: Email or Concur (if you're a member of an organization utilizing MileIQ Teams)
6) Click "Create and send report" after you are finished entering in report details
That's it! Your report will then be sent to your email address on file. You can repeat the above steps to get a purpose specific report for any category used in classification.
Read our article on How to: Name your Locations to make recognizing, searching and reporting drives easier.
For more options, please see our section on Reporting.