How do I name my frequently visited locations?
You can easily edit a drive's location label to quickly recognize and add drives to your frequently visited locations!
MileIQ's Name Locations feature makes it easy to remember, sort, and even add drives by the places you visit most often. Give unique nicknames or specific addresses to all your most frequented destinations to enhance your experience with MileIQ making it easier to identify drives from home, the office, or any other places. This new name will apply to all drives within 0.4 miles aerial distance of this location to make reporting a breeze in the future!
There's two ways to Name Locations to drives: through the mobile app or through the web dashboard (sign in with the same email and password as the app).
Name Locations can easily be added from any unclassified MileIQ Drive Card by tapping on the automatically generated location, and entering a nickname. When you nickname a location, the custom name will be applied to all previous and future drives to the same specific location.
1. Tap on the automatically generated name:
2. The text field will appear along with the keyboard. Enter the desired name and tap Done.
Note: Suggested location names will appear based on the location of the drive.
Renaming an existing location will change the custom name for all previous and future visits to the location. Creating a new label from a previously named location will only apply the new custom name to future drives so all previous drives will retain your original custom name.
You can also add named locations through the Named Locations menu within the Accounts Setting page. Simply navigate to Settings ☰ (three parallel bars on the top left) > Account Settings > Named Locations to add, rename, view, and even delete Named Locations.
For more information on managing Named Locations, please see: How to: Manage Named Locations
You'll first need to sign into the Web Dashboard at https://dashboard.mileiq.com using the same email address and password as the mobile app.
Once logged in, locate and select the drive with the location you’d like to name. In the drive details located to the right, you can give the location a unique name by clicking on the automatically generated location name.
Enter the name of the location you want to change and then click ‘Save’.
Click ‘Save location name’ to change the name of the corresponding location on all past and future drives to this location.
Once the location has been saved, a confirmation will appear at the bottom of the screen.
You can also rename an already named location by following the same process. Renaming an existing location will change the custom name for all previous and future visits to the location. Creating a new label from a previously named location will only apply the new custom name to future drives so all previous drives will retain your original custom name.
Once you've named a location it is easy to search by that location and get a list of all drives including that location.
- If you ever need to add a drive on the web dashboard, you can use your named locations instead of typing in a full address. For more information on adding drives, please see our article How to: Add a Drive
- Want to save time classifying your frequently visited locations with the same classification? Then you can do yourself a favor by using the Frequent Drives feature! For more information, please see our article How to: Auto-classify Frequent Drives
- Need to quickly find drives on the web dashboard? All information including vehicles, location names, and even information in your drives' notes is searchable on the web dashboard. For more information, please see our article How to: Search for Drives