Note: This article is for the legacy Admin Center for AAD organizations and does not apply to the new MileIQ Teams platform.
How do I access the MileIQ admin center?
You can access the MileIQ admin center at https://admin.mileiq.com once you have set an account with a Business Administrator role. The Global Administrator is able to assign a new administrator role, Business Administrator, in the Azure Active Directory. Once you've designated a Business Administrator, they can manage the workflows in the MileIQ admin center. More than one Business Administrator can be assigned. Note: Every steps of this guide is required to gain access, please follow all sections to completion.
Additional note: MileIQ is no longer a part of Microsoft and are honoring AAD users through the end of March 2022.
Enabling MileIQ Admin Center (provisioning)
Before access can be granted, the Global Administrator will need to provision the MileIQ Admin Center for your organization. To do so, please open a Powershell command prompt as Administrator and run the following commands:
Install-Module -Name AzureAD
New-AzureADServicePrincipal -AppId 42ec8ed2-57bf-4be7-9efc-e7ad16c13fe1
For OS X:
Install homebrew (if not installed yet) https://brew.sh
brew update && brew install azure-cli
az login --use-device-code --allow-no-subscriptions
az ad sp create --id 42ec8ed2-57bf-4be7-9efc-e7ad16c13fe1
Assign a user to the Business Administrator role
1. Sign in to the Microsoft 365 admin center with an account that's a global administrator for the directory.
2. Select Admin centers and then select Azure Active Directory.
3. On the Azure Active Directory admin center, select Enterprise applications.
4. On the Enterprise applications blade, select All applications. Then, select Apply. Tip: You should not skip this step. If you skip this step and search for MileIQ admin center instead, the application will not be found.
5. On the Enterprise applications - All applications blade, select Application Type - All Applications and search for MileIQ. Select MileIQ Admin Center (MileIQLLC). Do not select any option that does not mention MileIQ LLC and Do not skip this step!
6. On the MileIQ Admin Center blade, select Users & Groups.
7. On the MileIQ Admin Center (MileIQ LLC)- User & Group Assignment blade, select the Add user/group command.
8. On the Add Assignment page, select Users and Groups and then select Assign.
9. On the Users and groups page, select a user from the list. Note: If you have an Azure Active Directory Premium plan, you can assign Groups also to the Business Administrator role. For other AAD plans, you must sign each user individually.
10. Select the Assign button at the bottom of the blade and the assigned user or groups will have access the MileIQ Admin Center (MileIQ LLC) after performing the instructions in the following section.
Granting Permission to MileIQ Admin Center (MileIQ LLC)
Now that users have been added to your organization, you must grant permission to the MileIQ Admin Center (MileIQ LLC) in order for them to have access.
1. With the MileIQ Admin Center (MileIQ LLC) blade selected, scroll down to Security and select Permissions.
2. Click the Grant Admin consent for Contoso to grant access to your organizational users.
3. Finally, you'll receive a confirmation prompt. Click the Accept button at the bottom to complete provisioning.
Note: Global Administrators have access to the MileIQ admin center by adding themselves in the Business Administrator role. Global Administrators can manage MileIQ admin access by adding or removing Business Administrators at any time through the Azure Portal.