Are you looking for an annual mileage report for tax purposes? No problem! Here’s how to run and download a report that includes everything you need for filing your taxes.
The easiest way to get your annual report as a PDF (US drivers only) is to request an annual report through the mobile app: tap the report icon (upper right of the Unclassified screen), select an available time period, and then download your PDF report from the email delivered to your inbox.
Annual reports will be emailed to you with three versions to download:
- Summary of your drives in 2023 (.csv)
- Detailed log of your drives in 2023 (.csv)
- Detailed log of your drives in 2023 (.pdf)
The following steps will help guide you on how to generate your annual report in PDF format on the web dashboard, which requires you to create a custom report of your drives through your dashboard. You can either download the report directly from the Archived Reports section in the Report tab or in the report email sent to the inbox associated with your MileIQ account.
A PDF report generated through the web dashboard will contain both the summary of your drives based on vehicle and a detailed log of your drives.
To generate a PDF report on the web dashboard:
Visit the web dashboard and log in using the same Email and Password you use to log into the MileIQ app.
In the web dashboard, you will see a drop-down menu with the current month that will allow you to access a date range for the drives shown. You can select the drop-down menu and choose the desired date range or you can use the "Last Year" option to quickly display all your drives from 2022.
Make sure you’ve classified all drives for the yearly report. Then, select all drives using the checkbox at the top of the list, and click the 'Report' button located to the right of the drive list below the drive details.
This will bring up the report creation box to add additional labels, recipients, and choose the delivery method. Be sure to add a Report name, then click "Create and send report".
The report creation box has 9 settings you can fill in to customize your report further.
Any label you’d like to use for to identify your report.
- This will also be the file name for the report following "MileIQ_"
- For example, a report named "2022" will have the filename "MileIQ_2022"
- The ‘Create Report’ button will not activate until you’ve input a name.
- Any label you’d like to use for to identify your report.
Report Destination Buttons
- Choose the “Email” button at the top to send the report to the email address on file with your account.
- You’ll be able to download the PDF version from the email sent to you or directly from the web dashboard’s ‘Reports’ tab.
Note: The option for Concur is only available for MileIQ Teams users that are part of a Teams Standard or Teams Pro subscription
- You can CC any other email addresses here to send copies of the report to additional emails. You do not need to fill in the email used for your MileIQ account as it will be sent a copy automatically after creating the report.
- Separate the emails by commas to CC multiple email addresses.
- Report Submitter Name
- Project Name
- Client or Customer Name
- Change this value to adjust the reimbursement value used to calculate the business miles by this rate.
- The default rate is set at $0.67 per business mile to match the 2024 IRS adjusted mileage rate.
- Mark as Reported toggle
Report Creation Button
- Click ‘Create Report’ once you’ve finished and the report will be created.
Check your inbox or download the created report right from the web dashboard by going to the ‘Reports’ tab in the left column of the web dashboard and then scrolling down to the newly created report card in the Archived Reports list.
Clicking on the ‘PDF’ button for the corresponding report will download the report in the PDF format directly to your hard drive.
- You can email your report to multiple parties by separating the email addresses using commas.
- For examples of what MileIQ reports look like, please see here: What does a MileIQ Report look like?
- Our Help Center has further information on reporting with MileIQ.