The easiest way to get your annual report as a PDF is to request an annual report through the mobile app: tap the report icon, select a time period, and download your PDF report from an email.
Annual reports will be emailed to you with three versions to download:
- Summary of your drives in 2017 (.csv)
- Detailed log of your drives in 2017 (.csv)
- Detailed log of your drives in 2017 (.pdf)
This article will walk you through the steps to generate your annual report in PDF format on the web dashboard, which requires you to create a custom report of your drives through your dashboard. You can either download the report directly from the Archived Reports section in the Report tab or in the report email sent to the email account associated with your MileIQ account.
A PDF report generated through the web dashboard will contain both the summary of your drives based on vehicle and a detailed log of your drives.
To generate a PDF report on the web dashboard:
Visit your online dashboard at https://dashboard.mileiq.com and log in using the same Email and Password you use to log into the MileIQ app.
In the web dashboard, you will see a drop-down menu of the date range of drives shown on the web dashboard. You can select the drop-down menu and choose the desired date range. For example, use the right and left arrows on the calendar to find and choose January 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017 to view all drives from 2017. Selecting two dates will show all drives between. You can also use the "Last Year" quick filter to show all your drives from 2017.
Make sure you’ve classified all drives for the yearly report. Then, select all drives using the checkbox below the ‘Search’ button, and click the 'Report' button located to the right of the drive list below the drive details.
This will bring up the report creation box to add additional labels, recipients, and choose the delivery method.
The report creation box has 9 settings you can fill in to customize your report further.
- Report Name
- Any label you’d like to use for to identify your report.
- This will also be the file name for the report following "MileIQ_"
- For example, a report named "2017" will have the filename "MileIQ_2017"
- The ‘Create Report’ button will not activate until you’ve inputted a name.
- Choose “Email” to send the report to the email address on file with your account.
- You’ll be able to download the PDF version from the email sent to you or directly from the web dashboard’s ‘Reports’ tab.
- You can CC any other email addresses here to send copies of the report to additional emails. You do not need to fill in the email used for your MileIQ account as it will be sent a copy automatically after creating the report.
- Separate the emails by commas to CC multiple email addresses.
- Change this value to adjust the reimbursement value used to calculate the business miles by this rate.
- The default rate is set at $0.545 per business mile to match the 2018 IRS standard mileage rate. Drives taken in 2019 will have the mileage rate of $0.58 per business mile. (Our blog is an excellent source for information on the new mileage rates.)
- Click ‘Create Report’ once you’ve finished and the report will be created.
Check your inbox or download the created report right from the web dashboard by going to the ‘Reports’ tab at the top of the web dashboard and then scrolling down to the newly created report card in the Archived Reports list.
Clicking on the ‘PDF’ button for the corresponding report will download the report in the PDF format directly to your hard drive.