Quick Tip: Annual reports requested from the mobile app will generate two CSV file versions.
- Summary of your drives for the year
- Includes a breakdown by vehicle for the total Business, Personal, and Commute mileage.
- Detailed log of your drives for the year
- Includes all details, locations, mileage, times, and dates of all drives.
Creating a Report using the Reports tab
For the screenshots above, the “Last Year” filter was selected to quickly bring up 2016's drives and then filtered by business drives. Choosing “Create this report” will bring up the Create Report dialog box to label the newly created report and choose the delivery method. Reports can be delivered through Email, Concur, Freshbooks, or downloaded directly from the web dashboard.
The above screenshot shows the report will be named “2016 Business Mileage Report” and a copy of the emailed will be sent to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org as well as the email attached to your MileIQ account.
After creating the report, it will also be available to download on the web dashboard below in “Archived Reports”.
To download the report directly from the web dashboard, click on the “CSV” or “PDF” button on the corresponding report to download that file version directly to your hard drive. The summary section of the report is organized into the information needed for taxes.
Creating a Report using the Drives tab
Need a little more finesse or detail in your reporting? You can also generate reports from the "Drives" tab of the web dashboard.
On the Drives tab, make sure you select the "Last Year" date filter to select 2016. You can also select any of the drive purpose tiles to filter in drives classified with that purpose. Using the drive purpose tiles with the search bar allows you to create purpose, detail, and/or vehicle specific reports to either bill specific clients with mileage, create a specific business report, or just your charity drives.
Click on the "All Drives" filter options to quickly see all drives 'Without Vehicles" assigned to them or all drives "Without Notes" that may require additional details.
Once the desired filters are selected, then select all drives using the checkbox below the search bar and then click the green "Report" button.
If the "Report" button is grayed out, then that means there are still unclassified drives in the selected date range. Select the "Unclassified" drive purpose tile to quickly filter in all drives that still need classification.
For more information on reporting, please see here: Creating A Report
- Yearly reports are available in both CSV and PDF formats on the web dashboard.
- If the green "Report" button is grayed out after selecting drives in the "Drives" tab, then that means there are still unclassified drives in the selected date range. Select the "Unclassified" drive purpose tile to quickly filter in all drives that still need classification.
- CSV reports are best viewed in Microsoft Excel, Apple Numbers, and Google Docs - you can modify your rates, and they will update dynamically.
- You can email your report to multiple parties by separating the email addresses using commas.