How to get my deduction or reimbursement

We're here to support hardworking individuals like you! We want to see you get paid for the miles you drive!

If your employer covers business-related miles, you can easily submit your mileage for reimbursement.

Alternatively, if you're a small business owner filing a Schedule C, you can deduct these miles from your taxes.

Don't worry, the process is simple!

To claim the tax deduction, we recommend reaching out to a tax professional who can guide you through the necessary forms.

Remember, it's important to follow the tax guidelines for reporting business vehicle usage. When you categorize your drives on our user-friendly web dashboard, you can even see how these deductions impact your business income, as outlined by the IRS.

Just a quick heads up, each drive requires a designated "Purpose," which you can conveniently select from the dropdown menu in your dashboard.

If you're looking for more details about using your vehicle for business purposes in the US, the IRS has put together a helpful resource: "Business Use of Car."

Here at MileIQ, our mission is to simplify the process of submitting your mileage for expenses, invoices, or taxes.

We're excited to be part of your journey and help make managing your mileage a breeze!

Articles in this section

Give feedback

Was this resource helpful?
42 out of 87 found this helpful