Notice: This contest ended at 11:59 p.m. PT on January 31st, 2018.
Double your Deduction Contest
MileIQ could double your 2017 business mileage deduction if you classify all your drives from 2017!* The Grand Prize winner will have their business mileage deduction in the app matched, up to a maximum amount of $10,000. For example, if you have $5,000 worth of business miles classified, you will receive $5,000.
To enter the Double your Deduction sweepstakes, you must ensure all your 2017 drives have either a "business" or "personal" purpose by 11:59 p.m. PT on January 31st, 2018 to be entered in the sweepstakes.
*For the full list of rules and eligibility for the Double your Deduction contest, please see here: Double your Deduction Sweepstakes - Official Rules
Find Unclassified Drives on the Web Dashboard
To get ready for taxes and complete your mileage logs, make sure all your drives for 2017 are classified. The MileIQ web dashboard offers the most options for managing your mileage log. For an overview of the web dashboard, please see here: Using the MileIQ Web Dashboard
Head to your web dashboard here: https://dashboard.mileiq.com/
- Click the date range.
- Filter in drives from 2017 by clicking Last Year.
Now all of your drives from 2017, whether business, personal, or unclassified, will be listed below in the drive list.
Is 2017 Fully Classified?
In between the date range filter and drive list, you'll find the drive filters. Here, you find the total classifications of all your drives and the total value of drives already classified compared to the potential total value of your business drives plus unclassified drives.
To find out how many unclassified drives are remaining for your filtered date range:
3. Select "Unclassified" to filter in these drives if you have any left. If the number of unclassified drives for 2017 shows 0 before 11:59 p.m. PT on January 31st, 2018, then you're entered into the Double your Deduction contest!
4. Another indicator that 2017 is all set and you've entered the sweepstakes is when the total logged value for 2017 matches the total potential value.
Please see here for our full list of rules and eligibility for the Double your Deduction contest: Double your Deduction Sweepstakes - Official Rules
Need help getting all drives from 2017 classified?
- Check out this article to learn how to classify drives in bulk to save time and quickly catch up: How to: Quickly Bulk-Classify Drives
Do you have any drives that weren't taken in your vehicle or simply aren't recognized?
- You can simply delete drives captured while in public transportation or as a passenger so they don't appear in your mileage logs. See this article on How to: Delete a Drive
Need your 2017 mileage report?
- In this article you'll find how to be emailed your report in 2 taps in the mobile app, request a detailed report from the web dashboard, and even download the report directly to your computer. For more information, please see How to: Run a Yearly Report
- You'll find a wealth of information essential for mileage reporting for taxes here: 2017 Tax Time Reporting Guide