Welcome to the world of tax assistance, programs like TurboTax® Self-Employed and TurboTax® Deluxe* are some common programs for filing your taxes.
When it's time to deal with your taxes, don't worry about the mileage part. All the mileage details you need are neatly summarized in our annual report.
Let's take a peek at what the Summary section in the annual report looks like – it's super useful!
Now, let's talk about how you can smoothly transfer your MileIQ mileage info to your TurboTax® Self-Employed and TurboTax® Deluxe software.
As always, the most detailed and current information can be found in your product-specific online manual.
In the realm of TurboTax® Self-Employed, kick things off by picking either Personal or Business – that's where you'll start entering your mileage and vehicle stuff.
1. Once you've made your choice on Personal or Business expenses, click on Deductions & Credits.
2. Scroll down a bit till you see Employment Expenses; click Show More to unveil it.
3. Hit Start right by Job-Related Expenses. You might spot an Edit button next to your occupation – if you do, go ahead and click it. If not, just input the info they need.
4. Enter your vehicle's details.
5. As you answer a few questions, a prompt will pop up, asking about your mileage. Remember that Summary section we mentioned in the annual report? Use it to fill in your mileage details right here.
Start by selecting Federal Taxes – that's where your mileage and vehicle info magic begins.
1. Once you're in Federal Taxes, go to Deductions & Credits.
2. Scroll down to Employment Expenses and click Show More.
3. Click on Job-Related Expenses. Hit Revisit. You might see an Edit option next to your occupation. If you see it, give it a click. Otherwise, plug in the info they're asking for.
4. Your vehicle info is next.
5. Tackle a few questions and a prompt will show up asking about your mileage. Remember that Summary section in the annual report? It's your trusty sidekick for entering your mileage details right here.
Quick note: TurboTax® doesn't endorse or sponsor MileIQ. We're just using TurboTax® as an example to show you how MileIQ can play nice with tax software for reporting mileage.
*TurboTax® is a registered trademark of a company that's not affiliated with us in any way. We're just showing you how MileIQ can help you report mileage using software like TurboTax®.