What can I do on the Reports View?
The Reports View is where you'll find a powerful Report Builder and links to your past reports.
After logging into the MileIQ Web Dashboard, navigate to the Reports View by clicking the Reports Tab on the top of the page.
Building a Report
You'll use the Report Selectors to select a set of drives to include in the report.
- Use the date selector to specify a date range for your report.
- Select a start date in the left-hand calendar and an end date in the right-hand calendar. (Note that you'll need to select both dates.) You can also use preset filters like "This month" or "Last year."
- The default choice is All Drives. You can also pick Business Drives or Personal Drives. (For more detailed selections, use the filters in the Drives View to build a list of drives, and create the report from there.)
- The default selection is All Vehicles. Use the checkboxes to select one or more vehicles if you'd like to create a vehicle-specific report.
IMPORTANT: Selector values must be set in order from left to right. If you update a left-hand selector after making selections to the right, the right-hand selections will be reset. (For instance, if you select "Business Drives" in the drive type selector, then pick a new date range in the date selector, the drive type will reset to "All Drives.") You'll need to make your selections in the right-hand selectors again.
Generating a Report
Once you’ve made your selections, click the ‘Create this report’ button. This will bring up the Report Creation window, where you'll name the report, select a delivery method, specify a custom allowance rate for your business kilometres (optional) and add other optional details.
- Report Name [required]
- Any label you’d like to use to identify your report.
- The ‘Create Report’ button will activate after naming the report. (This is the only required field in the Report Creation Box. All other fields are optional.)
- Choose ‘Email’ to send the report to the email address associated with your account.
- Choose ‘Concur’ to submit the report to a connected Concur account.
- Choose ‘Freshbooks’ to submit the report to a connected Freshbooks account.
- Enter email addresses for anyone else who should receive a copy of your report. (You do not need to enter the email address associated with your MileIQ account as the report will be sent there automatically.)
- If you enter multiple email addresses, separate them with commas.
- If you'd like your name shown in the "Submitted by:" area of your report, enter it here.
- If you'd like a specific customer or client's name to be shown on the report, enter it here.
- If you'd like the name of a specific project to be shown on the report, enter it here.
- Set this to 'Yes' if you wish to keep track of whether your drives have been included in a report. (Some users find this helps with searching and filtering later. Either way, you'll still be able to view them on the dashboard and include them in future reports.)
- Click ‘Create Report’ once you’ve finished, and the report will be created.
Check your inbox or expense program for the created report. You can also download a PDF or XLS version of the report directly from the dashboard. To do so, go to the Reports View and then look for it in the Archived Reports section.
Viewing your Report
You can also access reports from the newly created Report Card that will appear in the list of downloadable Archived Reports in the lower section of the Reports View.
Reports are automatically generated in both PDF and XLS formats and can be downloaded with the corresponding buttons. The XLS report is best viewed in Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, Apple Numbers and other spreadsheet programs. If you want to make further edits to the report, the XLS version is a good place to make them. The PDF version includes more formatting and is a good choice when you need to share an uneditable version of the report with others. Both versions start with summary totals and then continue with a detailed log of all included drives.
If you have additional questions or comments on reporting, please feel free to contact us at any time and let us know what you need. Thank you for using MileIQ!
Enter a new value on this page if you'd like to adjust the reimbursement rate used to calculate the value of the business drives within this report. Leave it blank if you'd like to use the existing business rate set for your account. The rate you enter on this page will be reflected on the web dashboard and for future created reports.
- For Canada users, the default automobile allowance rates in MileIQ are set to match the rates set by the CRA. The rate for 2018 business drives is $0.55 per kilometer for the first 5,000 kilometres driven; for every kilometre after that, it's $0.49. In the Northwest Territories, Yukon, and Nunavut, there is an additional 4¢ per kilometre allowed for travel. For more information on CRA automobile allowance rates, please see: Government of Canada Automobile Allowance Rates.