You can easily create reports from the Drives View or the Reports View on the web dashboard at dashboard.mileiq.com. Once your drives are classified, you can select them from the drives list or use the Report Builder to create monthly, annual and custom reports.
You can also send reports to multiple email addresses, report them directly to Concur or Freshbooks, and download them from the web dashboard. For a quick tutorial, watch the following video or read on for more detailed instructions.
In the Drives View of the web dashboard, click the Date Filter and then use the drop-down calendar to select your desired date range. Note that you'll need to select a start date AND an end date for a custom range. You can also use preset filters like "This month" or "Last year" to pick a date range.
The drives list below will display all the drives within the specified date range. You can click sections of the "doughnut" graph to filter by Business, Personal or Unclassified. You can also select one or more "Purpose Tiles" to filter drives by the purpose they've been assigned. Use checkboxes to select the drives you’d like to report; the checkbox directly below the search bar will select all the drives that fit the date range and criteria selected above.
If you want to exclude drives you've previously reported, click the "exclude" option (in green) above the drives list. The "exclude" option will change to a "include" option. To include drives you've previously reported, click "include."
After selecting the drives you would like to report, a drive card will appear in the right-hand pane of the dashboard. Click the ‘Report’ button below the drive details in the drive card.
This will bring up the Report Creation window, where you'll name the report, select a delivery method, specify a custom rate for your automobile allowance rate (optional) and add other optional details.
- Report Name [required]
- Any label you’d like to use to identify your report.
- The ‘Create Report’ button will activate after naming the report. (This is the only required field in the Report Creation Box. All other fields are optional.)
- Choose ‘Email’ to send the report to the email address associated with your account.
- Choose ‘Concur’ to submit the report to a connected Concur account.
- Choose ‘Freshbooks’ to submit the report to a connected Freshbooks account.
- Enter email addresses for anyone else who should receive a copy of your report. (You do not need to enter the email address associated with your MileIQ account as the report will be sent there automatically.)
- If you enter multiple email addresses, separate them with commas.
- If you'd like your name shown in the "Submitted by:" area of your report, enter it here.
- If you'd like a specific customer or client's name to be shown on the report, enter it here.
- If you'd like the name of a specific project to be shown on the report, enter it here.
- Set this to 'Yes' if you wish to keep track of whether your drives have been included in a report. (Some users find this helps with searching and filtering later. Either way, you'll still be able to view them on the dashboard and include them in future reports.)
- Click ‘Create Report’ once you’ve finished, and the report will be created.
Check your inbox or expense program for the created report. You can also download a PDF or XLS version of the report directly from the dashboard. Go to the Reports View and then look for it in the Archived Reports section.
You can also create reports using the Report Builder in the Reports View. Easily access the Reports View by clicking the Reports Tab at the top of the page.
You'll use the Report Selectors to select a set of drives to include in the report.
- Use the date selector to specify a date range for your report.
- Select a start date in the left-hand calendar and an end date in the right-hand calendar. (Note that you'll need to select both dates.) You can also use preset filters like "This month" or "Last year."
- The default choice is All Drives. You can also pick Business Drives or Personal Drives. (For more detailed selections, use the filters in the Drives View to build a list of drives, and create the report from there.)
- The default selection is All Vehicles. Use the checkboxes to select one or more vehicles if you'd like to create a vehicle-specific report.
IMPORTANT: Selector values must be set in order from left to right. If you update a left-hand selector after making selections to the right, the right-hand selections will be reset. (For instance, if you select "Business Drives" in the drive type selector, then pick a new date range in the date selector, the drive type will reset to "All Drives.") You'll need to make your selections in the right-hand selectors again.
Once you’ve made your selections, click the ‘Create this report’ button to bring up the Report Creation window. Name your report, select a delivery method, specify a custom allowance rate for your business kilometres (optional) and add other optional details if desired. (See "Creating a Report from the Drives View" above for more details on the fields in the Report Creation window.) Click the ‘Create Report’ button to send yourself (or your expense program) the report.
You can also access the report from the newly created Report Card that will appear in the list of downloadable archived reports in the lower section of the view.
Reports are automatically generated in both PDF and XLS formats and can be downloaded with the corresponding buttons. The XLS report is best viewed in Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, Apple Numbers and other spreadsheet programs. If you want to make further edits to the report, the XLS version is a good place to make them. The PDF version includes more formatting and is a good choice when you need to share an uneditable version of the report with others. Currently, the XLS report requested from the web dashboard or mobile app is the only report that properly displays the tiered rates for below and above 5,000km.
- Annual reports requested from the mobile app will generate two XLS file versions:
- Summary of your drives for the year
- Includes a breakdown by vehicle for the total Business, Personal, and Commute mileage.
- Includes all details, locations, mileage, times, and dates of all drives.
- Unfortunately, we do not support IE8 for reporting purposes. The MileIQ web dashboard works best on IE9 or later, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari
- Reports downloaded as XLS can then be uploaded by a number of accounting programs
If you have additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at any time. Thank you for using MileIQ!