Do you personally use MileIQ for more than one business? Need to run reports for your personal business as well as for your employer? How about billing a specific client for the mileage?
You can easily set this up using our Custom Purpose feature for quick classification and can be done from the mobile app or the MileIQ web dashboard (dashboard.mileiq.com - same email and password as the app).
Below are the walkthroughs to create and add custom purpose classifications to your drives with our Custom Purpose feature using the mobile app and web dashboard, and then, how to create a business specific report using the web dashboard.
Create custom business purposes on the Mobile App
- Open the MileIQ app, then tap on Menu > Account Settings > Custom Purposes (under Personalization)
2. Tap on 'Create New Business Purpose', type the name of your business purpose, and press Enter/Return on your keyboard. The change is automatically saved.
Create custom business purposes on the Web Dashboard
- Log in to the MileIQ Web Dashboard (at dashboard.mileiq.com) using the same email and password as the mobile app
- Click on “Settings”
3. Click “Custom Purposes”.
5. Click “Save Changes” when you’ve added all your custom purposes.
Classifying your drives using a custom business purpose on the mobile app
After setting up your custom purposes with business names, now when you long swipe to the right when classifying a drive and releasing, the drive card at this point will bring up the MileIQ Custom Purpose grid (on IOS) or a Custom Purpose list (on Android) with secondary classifications related to the primary category.
To classify a drive from the Mobile App, long swipe to the right to “Add a Purpose”.
Releasing the long swipe to the right will bring up the selection of purposes.
Simply tap on the custom purpose created for the business drive, and the drive is now classified with that specific name. If you have many Custom Purposes, you will need to select the three dots icon to scroll through all your custom purposes.
Once you classify the drive with a custom purpose, it disappears from the Mobile App into your account’s history. After classifying, you can edit drives or make other changes from the web dashboard at https://dashboard.mileiq.com
Classifying your drives using a custom business purpose on the Web Dashboard
After saving your new custom business purposes, you can now classify your past drives on the Web Dashboard using those purposes:
- Click the Business classification icon in the Drive Details pane to the right. Then select the custom purpose you created for these drives.
4. The classification’s custom purpose is now saved to the selected drives.
Generate a report using one of the custom purposes
To generate a business specific mileage report, please do the following in the Drives tab of the MileIQ Web Dashboard:
- Filter the desired date range of your drives.
2. Click on the custom purpose tile to filter the drives classified with that purpose.
3. Select all the drives and then click the green “Report” button below the Drive Details pane.
4. Name the report and enter any additional information.
- Click “Create report” to generate the report, have it delivered to the email address tied to your account and a copy to any additional email addresses.
Repeat the steps above to create a purpose-specific report for any of your classification purposes.
Hint: You can select multiple drive purpose tiles to filter several purposes for creating a report containing multiple purposes .
For more information on creating reports by category, please see here: How to: Create a Report by Category or Purpose
To make finding, sorting and even recognizing drives even easier, Name the Locations in your drives of your frequently visited locations! For more information, please see here: How to: Name your Locations
Learn more about how to classify drives in a group by following this link: How to: Edit Drive Details and Add Notes
For more information about how to classify a drive with a custom drive purposes, please see here:How to: Classify Drives
For more information about creating a report, please see here: Creating a Report