The Reports View is where you'll find a powerful Report Builder plus links to your past reports.
After logging into your MileIQ Web Dashboard (at https://dashboard.mileiq.com), navigate to the Reports View by clicking the Reports Tab on the top of the page.
You'll use the Report Selectors to select a set of drives to include in the report.
- Use the date selector to specify a date range for your report.
- Select a start date in the left-hand calendar and an end date in the right-hand calendar. (Note that you'll need to select both dates.) You can also use preset filters like "This month" or "Last year."
- The default choice is All Drives. You can also pick Business Drives or Personal Drives. (For more detailed selections, use the filters in the Drives View to build a list of drives, and create the report from there.)
- The default selection is All Vehicles. Use the checkboxes to select one or more vehicles if you'd like to create a vehicle-specific report.
IMPORTANT: Selector values must be set in order from left to right. If you update a left-hand selector after making selections to the right, the right-hand selections will be reset. (For instance, if you select "Business Drives" in the drive type selector, then pick a new date range in the date selector, the drive type will reset to "All Drives.") You'll need to make your selections in the right-hand selectors again.
Once you’ve made your selections, click the ‘Create this report’ button. This will bring up the Report Creation window, where you'll name the report, select a delivery method, specify a custom rate for your business miles (optional) and add other optional details.
- Report Name [required]
- Any label you’d like to use to identify your report.
- The ‘Create Report’ button will activate after naming the report. (This is the only required field in the Report Creation Box. All other fields are optional.)
- Choose ‘Email’ to send the report to the email address associated with your account.
- Choose ‘Concur’ to submit the report to a connected Concur account.
- Choose ‘Freshbooks’ to submit the report to a connected Freshbooks account.
- Enter email addresses for anyone else who should receive a copy of your report. (You do not need to enter the email address associated with your MileIQ account as the report will be sent there automatically.)
- If you enter multiple email addresses, separate them with commas.
- If you'd like your name shown in the "Submitted by:" area of your report, enter it here.
- If you'd like a specific customer or client's name to be shown on the report, enter it here.
- If you'd like the name of a specific project to be shown on the report, enter it here.
- Enter a new value here if you'd like to adjust the reimbursement rate used to calculate the value of the business drives within this report. Leave it blank if you'd like to use the existing business rate set for your account.
- The rate you enter in this field will only be reflected within the report that's created. The actual drives will not be changed, and you will not see that rate reflected on the dashboard. (To have a rate change applied to your drives and shown on the dashboard, update the business mileage rate in the Settings section of the dashboard.)
- For U.S. users, the default mileage rates in MileIQ are set to match the rates set by the IRS. The rate for 2017 business drives is $0.535 per mile; for 2018, it's $0.545 per mile; for 2019, it is $0.58 per mile. MileIQ updates automatically to reflect this new rate for your 2019 drives unless you have a custom rate already set. You can read more about the mileage rate on our IQ Blog: IRS Standard Mileage Rate 2019: Business, Medical & Charity Drives
- Set this to 'Yes' if you wish to keep track of whether your drives have been included in a report. (Some users find this helps with searching and filtering later. Either way, you'll still be able to view them on the dashboard and include them in future reports.)
- Click ‘Create Report’ once you’ve finished, and the report will be created.
Check your inbox or expense program for the created report. You can also download a PDF or CSV version of the report directly from the dashboard. Go to the Reports View and then look for it in the Archived Reports section.
You can also access reports from the newly created Report Card that will appear in the list of downloadable Archived Reports in the lower section of the Reports View.
Reports are automatically generated in both PDF and CSV formats and can be downloaded with the corresponding buttons. The CSV report is best viewed in Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, Apple Numbers and other spreadsheet programs. If you want to make further edits to the report, the CSV version is a good place to make them. The PDF version includes more formatting and is a good choice when you need to share an uneditable version of the report with others. Both versions start with summary totals and then continue with a detailed log of all included drives.
If you have additional questions or comments on reporting, please feel free to contact us at any time and let us know what you need. Thank you for using MileIQ!